Death Penalty Organizations
RevoltLink >> Death Penalty Organizations
This archive contains 116 texts, with 0 words or 0 characters.
Coalition for Truth and Justice, The (CFTJ)
• "...an non profit organisation that has been created in 1999 by Myriam Stubbe to support Death Row Inmates. Find out more about the CFTJ in the links on this page, including the composition of our board and more."
California People of Faith Working Against the Death Penalty (CPF)
• "...a statewide interfaith organization. We reach out to all citizens regardless of faith, race, ethnic group, sexual orientation, income, political affiliation, age or ability. Our members include Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, and people from other faith traditions."
Singapore's Anti-Death Penalty Campaign
• "Singaporeans have been fed one side of the story for the past 40 years or so. So much so that most of us have come to accept it as normal. The public's access to information on the issue of the Death Penalty in Singapore is a very important part of the campaign...."
Radical Philosophy Association's Anti-Death Penalty Project, The (ADPP) (Berkeley University, California, USA)
• "...campaigning within the academic community for the abolition of the death penalty in the U.S. and internationally. The ADPP was formed in the summer of 1995, when a number of Radical Philosophy Aassociation members met during the demonstrations called to stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal."
Wisconsin Coalition Against the Death Penalty, The
• "...a coalition that has formed to fight attempts to bring the death penalty back. It is inhumane and racially biased, not an effective deterrent to crime, more costly than life imprisonment. Even with DNA testing there is still a risk of killing innocent people."
• "...an organization of lawyers that seek to persuade fellow Catholics to oppose the use of the death penalty. In States such as California, where the death penalty law was adopted by popular initiative..."
• "Is there anything more horrific than the execution of a human being for a crime he or she did not commit?"
• "Global anti death penalty campaign network - bringing people together, in support of the World Coalition Against the Death Penalty, to help abolish capital punishment everywhere...."
• "Tennessee's death penalty system is broken. Our state has the 10th largest death row in the country with 87 people: 85 men and two women..."
• "... the oldest death penalty abolition organization in the country, founded in 1928 in response to the executions of Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti."