Death Penalty Organizations
This archive contains 116 texts, with 0 words or 0 characters.
Coalition for Truth and Justice, The (CFTJ)
• "...an non profit organisation that has been created in 1999 by Myriam Stubbe to support Death Row Inmates. Find out more about the CFTJ in the links on this page, including the composition of our board and more."
California People of Faith Working Against the Death Penalty (CPF)
• "...a statewide interfaith organization. We reach out to all citizens regardless of faith, race, ethnic group, sexual orientation, income, political affiliation, age or ability. Our members include Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, and people from other faith traditions."
Singapore's Anti-Death Penalty Campaign
• "Singaporeans have been fed one side of the story for the past 40 years or so. So much so that most of us have come to accept it as normal. The public's access to information on the issue of the Death Penalty in Singapore is a very important part of the campaign...."
Radical Philosophy Association's Anti-Death Penalty Project, The (ADPP) (Berkeley University, California, USA)
• "...campaigning within the academic community for the abolition of the death penalty in the U.S. and internationally. The ADPP was formed in the summer of 1995, when a number of Radical Philosophy Aassociation members met during the demonstrations called to stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal."
Wisconsin Coalition Against the Death Penalty, The
• "...a coalition that has formed to fight attempts to bring the death penalty back. It is inhumane and racially biased, not an effective deterrent to crime, more costly than life imprisonment. Even with DNA testing there is still a risk of killing innocent people."
• "... exists to expose the injustice associated with the application of the death penalty in Indiana. IICACP is open to anyone who is opposed to the death penalty."
• "...a cross-regional voice committed to working for the abolition of the death penalty across Asia and the Pacific."
• "...committed to the abolition of capital punishment..."
• "Our mission is to work together with friends and other supporters to educate the public and to bring about the abolition of the death penalty in Alabama...."
• "Mumia Abu-Jamal, an award-winning journalist and the author of six books, has been on Pennsylvania's death row for nearly three decades. He has become a global symbol in he campaign against the death penalty and human-rights abuses...."