Gay Rights Organizations
This archive contains 320 texts, with 0 words or 0 characters.
Oslo Queer Festival (OQF)
• "We are a group of queers in Oslo, spending time making a better queer world! Each year Oslo Queer put efforts in making available safe spaces where everyone is invited to participate and contribute to make alive a fantastic queer festival."
Gay and Lesbian Activists Alliance of Washington DC (GLAA)
• "...a volunteer, non-partisan, non-profit advocacy organization founded in 1971, with a local Washington, D.C. focus. We are America's oldest continuously active organization devoted to gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender civil rights...."
Gay and Lesbian Business Association of British Columbia, The (GLBA)
• "We are a group of professionals and entrepreneurs who come together for the purpose of marketing our products and services both within the GLBT community and to the broader community at large...."
Northeastern Pennsylvania Rainbow Alliance (NEPA)
• "...serves the greater Northeastern Pennsylvania region's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Allied community..."
• "...inspires a culture of generosity that connects and strengthens Northwest organizations, leaders, and students who are creating LGBTQ equality."
• "...was first known as the Maine Lesbian/Gay Political Alliance (MLGPA). The group was founded in response to the July 1984 murder of Charlie Howard, a young Bangor man who was attacked and murdered simply because he was gay."
• "The Club was definitely not formed to be a club that talks about sexual actions. It is to talk about love and caring for all people. Sexual orientation for gay people is not a choice, as is the case with heterosexuals. If you are straight, have you ever asked yourself why you are straight?"
• "...arose out of a battle for equality. A 1992 Colorado ballot initiative denying lesbians and gay men equal protection in the state provoked outrage among fair-minded citizens across Colorado and the nation."
• "...a club devoted to increase awareness about the effects of homophobia within our community and in a global scale, and also aim to create a safe environment for all sexual orientations."