Child Abuse Organizations
This archive contains 182 texts, with 0 words or 0 characters.
Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children
• "The Global Initiative aims to: form a strong alliance of human rights agencies, key individuals and non-governmental organisations against corporal punishment..."
World Centers of Compassion for Children International (WCCCI)
• "Our mission is to create a strong political voice for children in areas of stress due to war, hunger or social, economic, or political upheaval and to respond to their expressed needs materially and emotionally."
Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care (OCBCC) (Canada)
• "...advocates for universally accessible, high quality, not-for-profit, regulated child care in the province of Ontario. We are a non-partisan public awareness and advocacy group with broad membership including the education, labour, student and women's and francophone communities."
Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth, The (ARACY)
• "...a national non-profit organisation of more than 2000 members (organisations and individuals), working to create better futures for Australia's children and young people. ARACY's vision is a future in which: Australia's children and young people thrive and their wellbeing is a national priority."
Kids At Risk Action (KARA)
• "...a non-profit advocacy network focusing on issues related to neglected and abused children. Founded by Mike Tikkanen, a businessman turned socially-concerned citizen, KARA works to educate individuals and communities about the need to protect the rights of children."
• "...established to improve access to care, treatment, and services for traumatized children and adolescents exposed to traumatic events."
• "...established in 2000 with functions including the investigation of abuse of children in institutions in the State. It was dependent on people giving evidence which they did in large numbers."
• "...to provide compassionate, emotion-focused support for adults who have experienced trauma, childhood abuse or neglect."
• "The first organizational meeting was held in March 2009 to create a unified, statewide approach to the prevention of child abuse in all its forms...."
• "...we believe in empowering families to safely care and provide for their children. We believe that, when safe, the best place for children is at home with their loved ones."