Child Abuse Organizations
This archive contains 182 texts, with 0 words or 0 characters.
Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children
• "The Global Initiative aims to: form a strong alliance of human rights agencies, key individuals and non-governmental organisations against corporal punishment..."
World Centers of Compassion for Children International (WCCCI)
• "Our mission is to create a strong political voice for children in areas of stress due to war, hunger or social, economic, or political upheaval and to respond to their expressed needs materially and emotionally."
Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care (OCBCC) (Canada)
• "...advocates for universally accessible, high quality, not-for-profit, regulated child care in the province of Ontario. We are a non-partisan public awareness and advocacy group with broad membership including the education, labour, student and women's and francophone communities."
Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth, The (ARACY)
• "...a national non-profit organisation of more than 2000 members (organisations and individuals), working to create better futures for Australia's children and young people. ARACY's vision is a future in which: Australia's children and young people thrive and their wellbeing is a national priority."
Kids At Risk Action (KARA)
• "...a non-profit advocacy network focusing on issues related to neglected and abused children. Founded by Mike Tikkanen, a businessman turned socially-concerned citizen, KARA works to educate individuals and communities about the need to protect the rights of children."
• "In 1975, a group of professionals from law enforcement, child welfare, probation, social work, medicine, and others gathered in San Diego with one thing in mind...to create a better and coordinated community response to child abuse and neglect...."
• "...has led the way in building awareness, providing education and inspiring hope to everyone involved in the effort to prevent the abuse and neglect of our nation's children."
• "Our mission is to inspire others to engage with us in social change efforts that assure that all children have the opportunity to grow up free from abuse and neglect."
• "...a nonprofit agency that encompasses three programs: Sexual Trauma Center, Child Advocacy Center, and Prevent Child Abuse. Foothills Alliance was formed when three agencies were merged in July 2001."
• "Our mission is to ensure the safety and well-being of children in Rhode Island through awareness, education and advocacy."
"...one of the nation's strongest models for working with children, youth and families who have been affected by violence. For more than a century we have served the most at-risk and oft-overlooked young people in Los Angeles - those harmed by child abuse, neglect, domestic violence, gang and community violence."