This archive contains 414 texts, with 0 words or 0 characters.
Arnold M. Dublin Labor Education Center (Massachusetts, USA)
• "...founded in 1975 by leaders in the labor movement, the community and the university. The Center's Advisory Board represents a wide constituency in developing..."
International Longshoremen's Association (ILA, AFL-CIO)
• "...the largest union of maritime workers in North America, representing upwards of 65,000 longshoremen on the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts, Great Lakes, major U.S. rivers, Puerto Rico and Eastern Canada."
Unite Here! - Local 8
• "...represents about 4,000 workers in the hospitality industries of Washington State. Local 8 members work in hotels, restaurants, food service, and airport concessions. They include room cleaners, cooks, bartenders, bellmen, food and beverage servers, bussers, and dishwashers."
Inlandboatmen's Union, The: Marine Division of the ILWU (IBU)
• "Union workers enjoy higher pay and better benefits. Union workers have job security and a contract making their employer the best they can be! The Inlandboatmen's Union wants to help you build a union at your company...."
New York State - Public Employees Federation (PEF) (AFL-CIO) (New York, USA)
• "Our Vision...That all PEF members believe their union is superior in representing them, that it strives to involve every member in organized union activities to achieve their workplace objectives, and that our union's resources will be dedicated to dramatically increasing PEF's influence..."
• "Divided We Beg... United We Bargain!"
• "...we have grown to four million members with a primary objective to enroll and mobilize retired union members and other seniors and community activists into a nationwide grassroots movement advocating a progressive political and social agenda that respects work and strengthens families."
• "... a new, united organization of labor educators launched at the start of a century which promises progress, growth, and hope for the labor movement."
• "... represents the interests of some 4,000 active employees (and more than 600 retirees) on the job and on important economic issues. We are a democratic organization whose officers are directly elected by our dues-paying members."
• "...whilst a responsible union, is in the unique position of having its members as both employees, under the Club Managers State (NSW) and Federal Award, and also as employers in their day to day management and administration of Registered Licensed Clubs."