This archive contains 414 texts, with 0 words or 0 characters.
Arnold M. Dublin Labor Education Center (Massachusetts, USA)
• "...founded in 1975 by leaders in the labor movement, the community and the university. The Center's Advisory Board represents a wide constituency in developing..."
International Longshoremen's Association (ILA, AFL-CIO)
• "...the largest union of maritime workers in North America, representing upwards of 65,000 longshoremen on the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts, Great Lakes, major U.S. rivers, Puerto Rico and Eastern Canada."
Unite Here! - Local 8
• "...represents about 4,000 workers in the hospitality industries of Washington State. Local 8 members work in hotels, restaurants, food service, and airport concessions. They include room cleaners, cooks, bartenders, bellmen, food and beverage servers, bussers, and dishwashers."
Inlandboatmen's Union, The: Marine Division of the ILWU (IBU)
• "Union workers enjoy higher pay and better benefits. Union workers have job security and a contract making their employer the best they can be! The Inlandboatmen's Union wants to help you build a union at your company...."
New York State - Public Employees Federation (PEF) (AFL-CIO) (New York, USA)
• "Our Vision...That all PEF members believe their union is superior in representing them, that it strives to involve every member in organized union activities to achieve their workplace objectives, and that our union's resources will be dedicated to dramatically increasing PEF's influence..."
• "...one of the strongest advocates for educators in the country. CTA includes teachers, counselors, school librarians, social workers, psychologists, and nurses. These educators in the K-12 school system are joined by community college faculty, California State University faculty, and education support professionals..."
• "...we have grown to four million members with a primary objective to enroll and mobilize retired union members and other seniors and community activists into a nationwide grassroots movement advocating a progressive political and social agenda that respects work and strengthens families."
• "... an organization of ILA members who came together around our recent contract negotiations to fight for a just contract."
• "What kind of nation won't fund a Post Office?"
• "We are 'The forefront in the Labor Movement'...."